Friday, July 16, 2010

{Baby cradles and beds oh my!}



Good afternoon!


Recently, on my last junking adventure I came across a very old wood baby bed! I was very excited but of course I just had to look around more!! Every corner, every turn there were more and more baby items!! A large cream wicker baby basket caught my eye and I just had to have it! I have 2 folding baby bassinets already and this basket will fit right in!  Then, there it was.  A pale baby teal antique baby scale with a painted wicker basket to match! Oh how I was in baby heaven! I just adore the little painted babies on the scale!  As I turned the last corner I saw an adorable baby cradle that caught my eye.  {I did buy the old flour sacks hanging from it as well!} At first, I was not sure I would be able to fit it in my car, but with some unscrewing it fit! :)  I did go back and get the baby bed as well and my trip was complete with some wonderful and well loved baby items! With some love and TLC the bed and cradle will be looking spectacular soon! There was some elbow grease into the cradle as there were about 50 pieces of Velcro to remove! All I need is 2 pieces of 4 inch foam and cover them with some great vintage fabric and it will be baby doll heaven! Sorry Cheyenne, I just cannot put you in the baby cradle, but your dollies will love it! Pictures of the baby cradle and bed to come soon!



xoxo~ Liz



No comments: