Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grandmother traditions







Hi! I wanted to share with you today my mothers gift to me for my bridal shower. She took 2 of her favorite recipes from my grandmothers and framed them for display in my kitchen. She used decorative paper to add detail behind the recipe to personalize them. I teared up when I opened this thoughtful and useful gift! My Sister-in-law loved them so much that my mother did the same for her for her bridal shower the next year. I love this little gift and will for sure be passing this on to my daughter when she gets married some day... whew.. do not want to think of that too soon! HA! This gift can be used for any occasion too! I love old recipes that are handwritten, that just makes the dish seem to taste better too! What are your favorite recipes?
Enjoy!



No comments: